- Buzz is committed to protecting the privacy of our users.
- We use this information to deliver website or app content to you.
- We will outline the rights you have around your information, how we store your details and our use of
cookies. Should you have additional questions, please contact Info@onthebuzzer.com
- Buzz Technologies Limited is registered at 78, Mill Lane, London, NW6 1AZ and our company number is
- The words ‘our’ or ‘we’ refer to our business and our trusted partners who provide services to us, and
‘you’ refers to you as an entity. These include our:
- Technology providers such as HubSpot
- Social media providers such as Meta
- Advertising partners such as Gemma Bell
What information do we collect?
- Full name
- Contact details (email, mobile number)
- When we run competitions, we will collect additional details on request such as date of birth and
- Website browsing data such as what you click, what you view and your device details.
- You may also have reached this website by following a link from an e-mail. When you open an email from us,
we may be able to tell that you’ve opened it and what links in the email you click on.
- Identifiable information related to your browser or device.
Why we collect this information
- This information is collected so we can understand customer demand for our product and to provide you with
- For competitions run via social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram, we will contact you to notify
you about prizes and will use either your email address or mobile number to communicate this.
- You can opt out at any time via Info@onthebuzzer.com
The legal basis for processing
- We are using this data for the specific purpose of providing you a service via our product, the Buzz app,
and therefore falls into the category of ‘legitimate interest’. If we contact you, this is because
you have provided consent for us to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing Info@onthebuzzer.com.
- For competitions, ‘legitimate interests’ is the legal basis for promoting our business and
ultimately we believe it is in your interests by the way of winning the competition.
- We will use and store your data for business-specific uses with our trusted colleagues and partners, where
data is treated in accordance with UK privacy law.
- Working with trusted partners falls into the category of ‘legitimate interests’ to ensure we have the
right and relevant capability to support you with the appropriate updates and competition information.
- We will keep your information for as long as you wish to remain subscribed, in-line with UK Data
Protection Act requirements.
- The right to access information we hold about you.
- The right to request amendment or deletion of the information we hold about you.
- The right to restrict what we do with your information.
- The right to request your information in a common format, e.g. Data Subject Access Request (DSAR).
- We may need proof of identity to process these requests and this can be achieved by emailing Info@onthebuzzer.com.
- You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about how we use
your information. Contact information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Our website’s cookies are inplace to support quick and easy onboarding by helping you pre-populate your
information, e.g. full name, email address and mobile number. A cookie is stored on your browser and contains
letters and numbers.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies ensure that our website is able to function properly such as cookies which help
us provide core services and features.
- Optional cookies such as cookies which support marketing and analytics. We and our partners such as
use these cookies to understand what you’re interested in. This is so we
or our partners can personalise our marketing to you, including online advertising and email marketing.
- Analytics and performance cookies - including but not limited to - Google Analytics to improve website
performance, how visitors use our website, pages visited often, identify and prevent future errors.
Last updated: 24 October 2024
Thank you for reading this privacy notice.